DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Place on bottom board of hive.
Restraints (ACT, NSW, QLD, WA & VIC only):
Do not use in hives with perforated bottom boards.
Do not use in hives subject to water inundation.
Do not open or remove the insert from the harbourage device.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR IN ANY MANNER, CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED UNDER APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION.
WITHHOLDING PERIOD NOT REQUIRED WHEN USED AS DIRECTED
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS For use under APVMA permit PER12007 only.
PROTECTION OF WILDLIFE, FISH, CRUSTACEANS AND ENVIRONMENT Dangerous to aquatic arthropods. DO NOT contaminate streams, rivers or waterways with the product or used containers.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in the closed, original container in a dry, cool, well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight. Dispose of used product by wrapping in paper, placing in a plastic bag and place in a garbage bin.
How to treat Small Hive Beetle (Aethina tumida)
1 Device per hive.
- With a hive tool, paint scraper or similar implement remove wax and debris from a sufficient area of the bottom board to accommodate the harbourage.
- Place harbourage, flat surface down, on the bottom board with the slot ends aligned away from the hive entrance.The harbourage must sit flat on the bottom board such that beetles cannot shelter underneath.
- In hives with corrugated or distorted bottom boards apply a thin bead of silicone sealant to the outer edge of the underside of the harbourage and press down firmly onto the bottom board.
- Unless stuck to the bottom board a thin wire may be attached to the harbourage to facilitate later removal from the hive via the hive entrance thus removing the need to open the hive.
- Monitor harbourages for damage or for 'waxing up' of the slot entrances. Replace if damaged or when effectiveness declines.
- Remove harbourages when control has been established or after 3 months.